Friday, January 21, 2011

Wedding dress reworked

In 2009 I had a wonderful wedding in Bali. I wore a great ivory silk gown from Karen Willis Holmes in Sydney. The shoulder was georgette and the flowers were all silk. Even in the heat, this was a fabulously comfortable dress to wear. It was Karen's "Rebecca" model with some customisation for me.



Ultimately I had planned to have it modified after the wedding to wear again (as you do!). Well, I did it! Karen's lovely team helped me modify this to a gorgeous wearable cocktail dress.



  • The length was shortened to a cocktail length and still accommodated the fullness that was part of the train.
  • Black velvet ribbon was added to the folds of the bodice and onto the "belt"
  • The shoulder and flowers were removed and thin shoulder straps with bows were added
  • The ivory corset satin ribbon was replaced with black satin ribbon
  • A black silk flower was then added to the dropped waist band.
I haven't worn it yet but I'm pleased I did it. I'm sure the right event will be just around the corner and I'll have exactly the right dress to wear!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...